Other than people, time is the only irreplaceable commodity.
I don’t want you to waste yours.
So, in case it makes a difference, I want you to know a few of my die-on-this-mountain items. Thus, if you vehemently disagree, you won’t have to waste your time reading my stuff. In less, of course, you’re on a witch hunt.
Anyway, though not a total picture, these are some of my non-negotiables:
- The Bible is the Word of God (as opposed to “contains the Word of God”)
- Jesus Christ knew of what He spoke when He said “I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life; no one comes to the Father except through Me.”
- No virgin birth, no savior.
- Homosexual behavior is sin (as is extramarital sex, premarital sex, sex-with-a-dog etc) First Corinthians 6 advises all sexual sin is unique; but homosexual behavior is no “worse” than man/woman sex outside of marriage.
- Matthew 25.46 is true; thus if there is no hell Jesus is a liar.
- Jesus is going to return. He won’t be early. He won’t be late. In other words, I’ll not separate based on pre trib; post trib; mid trib; don’t give a trib.
- Racism from any angle is disgusting
- I’ll never apologize for being an old white man.
- “Illegal” means “illegal”
- When I vote I vote for the one I feel is the most qualified, even if I have to hold my nose. BTW America is not now nor ever has been a “christian” nation
- the “prosperity ‘gospel'” isn’t the gospel
- Speaking in tongues (however defined) doesn’t get you into heaven; speaking in tongues (however defined) doesn’t get you hell
- Both John Calvin and Jacobus Arminius were wrong about some things. So is/was every other writer/preacher/theologian.
And, finally (again, this is not exhaustive, but…):
- All verses of “In Christ Alone” by the Gettys are true; to include “til on the Cross where Jesus died, the wrath of God was satisfied” and those performers (I can’t call them worship leaders) who elect to cut that verse are crooks.